Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wedding Day Big Breakfast


Wedding Days are long days for everyone involved... the Bride, the Groom, the Bridesmaids, helpers, Wedding Photographers and me - the Makeup Artist and Hairstylist.

All
Brides know that they need to eat a good breakfast on their Wedding Day. However, the most common breakfast items which I have seen on Bridal locations include toasts, Chinese buns, Danish pastries, noodles etc. Such high-carb choices - and the resulting sudden increase in blood sugar level - will guarantee that the Bride or Bridesmaids be hungry within a very short time!

I often get up at 4 or 5 am for
Bridal Makeup and Hair assignments. I start my day with a big and nutritious breakfast, because it will usually be another six or seven hours before I have the chance to eat again (I don't feel professional or elegant to be chewing food when I'm doing Makeup...).

Anyway, I eat almost the same breakfast on such days, and it has worked very well in sustaining my energy hour after hour. Here I would like to share the power breakfast which I'll highly recommend to any member of the
bridal party!



What you see in the above
photo include:
- 1 boiled Egg (complete protein)
- 1 Apple (vitamins, minerals and fibres)
- 1 cup of Grapes (vitamins, minerals, fibres, healthy fats)
- 3 tablespoonful of Walnuts (omega-3 oil)
- 3 tablespoonful of lightly salted roasted Peas (protein, fibre)
- Light drizzle of extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Green Tea (mild caffeine and lots of anti-oxidants)



Michelle Wong
Makeup Artist in Vancouver, BC, Canada

www.michellemakeup.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home